What Skiing Clothes Do I Need?
The first thing on your mind may be what to wear while on the slopes. Regular clothes won’t be up to the job of keeping you warm when you’re gliding down the mountainsides. We recommend the following:
- Breathable and waterproof jacket
- Breathable and waterproof salopettes
- Insulated, waterproof ski gloves.
- Glove liners for cold weather, or hand warmers for those who feel the cold!
- Balaclava under the helmet for cold weather.
- Warm hat for the times when you are relaxing after a session.
- Specially-designed ski socks
- Thermal tops (known otherwise as base layers). These should not be cotton as this will hold onto any sweat and can make you feel colder. You may consider merino wool or manmade fabric designed for skiwear.
- Fleeces (known otherwise as mid layers). Again, avoid cotton.
- Thermal bottoms.
- Goggles for visibility and protect your eyes.